Decision Makers to Contact
Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation
Al Alonzi, Federal Highway Administration Texas Division
David Gray, Acting Regional Administrator, EPA Region 6
Michael S. Regan, EPA
Governor Greg Abbott, State of Texas
Mayor Steve Adler, City of Austin
• I oppose the current design for the Oak Hill highway project.
• This overbuild of a 12 lane, stacked highway wastes federal, state, and local funds, estimated to be a $700 billion expenditure.
• It’s a dangerous, reckless design to put a stacked highway at the intersection of three fault lines.
• Highway designs should protect our water sources rather than deliberately contaminate them, which would be the effect on Williamson Creek and the Edwards Aquifer.
• This overbuild will sacrifice 288 protected trees, an unnecessary and unacceptable devastation.
Send an email - just copy and paste!
Send it to:
info@GregAbbott.com, DOTExecSec@dot.gov, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, UTP-PublicComments@txdot.gov
Opposition to the current Oak Hill Highway Project
To Governor Abbott, Secretary Buttigieg, and Those Who Can Pause the Oak Hill Parkway Project:
The $674 million, 12-lane tollroad design for the Oak Hill Parkway project wastes tax dollars. It mandates channelization of Williamson Creek, dangerous excavation of a fault zone over an aquifer, and destruction of more than 200 heritage trees. None of this is necessary. Please halt the imminent construction and require a practical, sufficient re-design.
Feeling energized? Write some letters:
Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg
1200 New Jersey Ave, SE
Washington, DC 20590
David Gray, Acting Regional Administrator
EPA Region 6
1201 Elm Street, Suite 500
Dallas, TX 75270-2102
Michael S. Regan, Administrator
Environmental Protection Agency mail code 1101A
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460
Governor Greg Abbott
Office of the Governor
State Insurance Building
1100 San Jacinto
Austin, TX 78701
Mayor Steve Adler
301 W 2nd St.
Austin, TX 78701